Right To Buy
What is Right to Buy?
Right to Buy gives eligible people who live in council properties in England the right to buy their home at a discount.
The scheme is open to people who are secure tenants of a local council and who have spent at least 3 years as a public sector tenant.
Tenants of housing associations who had secured tenancies when their homes were transferred from the local council to the housing association also have a preserved Right to Buy.
Usually, there is a lot of equity already in the house so no deposit is required for the purchase.
There are also options with several mortgage companies to borrow additional funds to fund home improvements such as new windows/doors, conservatory etc.
Want to talk about Right-to-Buy mortgage advice in more detail? Contact us to arrange your free Right-to-Buy mortgage consultation.
Are you looking for Right to Buy mortgage advice in York?
If so, we can help!
We are Experienced Right to Buy Mortgage Brokers so can search 1000’s of mortgage deals and recommend the most suitable right to buy mortgage deal for you.
We have many years experience in doing right to buy purchases so it will be worthwhile having us on your side throughout the process. We’ll also be happy to help you with all your council paperwork.
The Council Right to Buy Scheme has always been popular with people looking to get on the property ladder and own their own property and local Councils and Housing Associations are offering tenants that qualify for the scheme big discounts.
Why choose Yorkmoneyman.com as my Right-to-Buy mortgage broker in York?
- We work for you! We are not tied to any estate agents, builders or banks and have no vested interests.
- We offer all customers a free mortgage consultation.
- Our mortgage advisors are on hand 7 days a week 8am – 10pm, getting to speak with an advisor will never be a problem.
- We can search and compare 1000’s of mortgage deals to find you the best product for your circumstances
- We are here to guide and help you throughout the whole process. From your initial enquiry to getting the keys to your dream home.