Mortgages for Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s)
Many schools now only offer Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s) a 12-month initial contract as standard. This can prove a problem for many Teachers if they want to buy a property because most of the High Street Mortgage Lenders will class them as a “Contract Worker” and as such will require you to have 12 months in the role.
Fortunately, some smaller Lenders are more sympathetic to this situation and will consider an application without the 12-month history. Some of the key things that can be considered are as follows:
- No previous employment history required (so it’s fine if you have been studying up until now)
- A 12-month first post-contract can be treated the same as a permanent role
- Mortgages available up to one month before the start of the first contract (so you can apply in the August for example)
- Up to 95% loan to value
If you are a newly qualified teacher and would like to discuss your mortgage options then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Sitemap of Our Main Services:
- First Time Buyer Mortgage Advice
- Buy to Let Mortgage Advice
- Self Employed Mortgage Advice
- Remortgage Advice
- Home Mover Mortgage Advice
- Right to Buy Mortgage Advice
- Help to Buy Mortgage Advice
- Having Mortgage Problems?
- Specialist Mortgage Advice
- Let to Buy Mortgage Advice